After successfully executed rebuild of database SA 5.0 to SA 12.0.1, I have problems wtih autoincrement fields, because values are not retained from the old database. They all start with 0. I've found the -l switch for dbunload, but it's not working, see picture
AFAIK, in v5 there's no max_identity column in table syscolumn. That might be the reason why the -l option seems to fail here.
Note that specifying "unload -l" is only necessary if larger autoincrement values have been used in the according column than what is contained in the old database - which usually would mean that these larger values have been deleted in the meantime. I guess this would usually only be a problem with SQL Remote or other synchronization technologies (that's why I asked the cited FAQ...), not with single databases.
The default behaviour of LOAD TABLE does set the maximum autoincrement value based on maximum value of the loaded rows, so usually you'll be fine without specifying -l.
And additionally, you might also explicitly set the values after the reload with the help of the sa_reset_identity system procedure.
answered 28 Sep '11, 11:25