In former Sybase times, it was quite easy to be informed about freshly released EBFs:
- You could get a daily or weekly mail notification when configured that way within the MySybase account.
- You could quite easily check the Sybase EBF download page for new entries.
- Breck has maintained the very easily accessable "Latest EBFs" overview on his blog.
What are my options nowadays?
It seems that
- relying on the builtin Update Checker within Interactive SQL / Sybase Central may or may not tell you about updates - for example, there's a newer 12.0.1 EBF available than 18.104.22.16855 but the Update Checker does tell the opposite
- Breck has given up the maintenance of the "Latest EBFs" page for understandable reasons - it is no more possible (or at least rather difficult) to link to the downloads
- checking the new "permament links" to the current SQL Anywhere EBF readme's does not work reliably - cf. the comments from that FAQ.
- and that I'm finally too dumb to find out how to register for a mail notification within the SAP marketplace or support space - I sure do get much more SAP notifications than desired but not related to EBFs.
Please tell me I have overseen the obvious choice.
18 Nov '14, 03:11