Does anyone have experience of extracting data via proxy table from Interbase.
SQLA version is 10.0.1.4310 IB is XE 10.0.2 474. IB is on one server, SQLA on another both pretty fast, network good. Can't change the architecture at this stage, Am using a 64-bit EasySoft IB ODBC driver installed on the SQLA machine (The IB provided ODBC driver wouldn't work). OS is 2008 Server R2 in both cases.
It connects (the Remote Server & Proxy Table definitions produced by the Sybase Central have to be tweaked) but the performance is dire - a few hundred (small) rows per minute is typical & I've got giga bytes of stuff to shift. A similar setup with MS SQL Server on same hardware was pretty instantaneous. IB performance on its own machine seems good.
I've tried the obvious settings in the ODBC driver - ReadOnly, Isolation Level's etc but makes no difference. It's not the inserts that are slow, writing out to disk from SQLA ISQL is just as slow.
I realise this is more an IB question, but wondered if anyone had any past experience with shifting from IB to SQLA.
Allocating more RAM to the IB cache & a re-boot seem to have helped a lot - quite why, I'm not clear but I'm not arguing :) Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions.