After doing some digging it appears that I should be able to call a network connection (Dialup) to run a sync. I am trying to get this done for the last few locations that still have to use dialup. These should be upgraded soon but I need to get it running before that happens.
I can run dbmlsync with the following arguments and I get an error and no connection is called.
dbmlsync -e "adr='network_name=dialup;host=MLServer'" -c dsn=DSNName
I have a dialup connection named "Dialup", MobiLink Server named MLServer and a ODBC entry named "DSNName".
I get an error that says: Failed dialing to dialup. The system-specific error is -100 (hex ffffffpc).
Then it fails to connect to the MobiLink Server because the network connection was not successful. Is there something that I am missing?
asked 16 Aug '13, 18:24
I can only seem to reproduce this issue if the dial actually fails. Are you connected to any other networks when this happens?
I also forgot to ask previously: which version of SQL Anywhere / dbmlsync are you running?
Here's how I tried to reproduce the issue: I setup a Dial-Up Networking connection named 'dialup'. I go down to my network indicator in my network tray, and ensure the status is 'Not connected.' I then have the dbmlsync command line:
dbmlsync -c "eng=remote;dbn=rem1;uid=dba;pwd=sql" -e "adr='network_name=dialup;host=MLServer'"
I then see the usual Dial-Up Networking screen when it fails to initially connect:
and since I'm just dialing '0' against my modem for testing purposes, it fails (as expected) and I get:
I. 2013-09-11 13:55:25. Connecting to MobiLink server at 'network_name=dialup;host=MLServer' using 'TCPIP' E. 2013-09-11 14:00:38. Failed dialing to dialup. The system-specific error code is -100 (hex ffffff9c).
(I'm also not sure you how you would get a 'hex ffffffpc' though, since 'p' isn't a hexadecimal number. I'll assume the -100 is the correct code. ;)