"SQLA 2.0" is coming soon to an internet near you! Check your local listings!
The software is pretty much ready to go, but there are a few more things to do before we go live:
- the machine is in the midst of a "hardening" process by Sybase IT before we make it visible outside the Sybase firewall
- I need to confirm that existing SQLA users will be migrated successfully
- we will need a dump of the existing SQLA data to make sure it gets imported properly (fresh one available on request)
- test it thoroughly before announcing it to the world (we've already been doing that internally for a while)
- arrange a final cut-over date with the SQLA administrator (assuming I can remember the name of the dude who runs it - I think I have it squirrelled away somewhere) (that's D00d to you!)
- on the cut-over date, get a final dump of SQLA and import it (give me five minutes advance notice)
I don't know how long Sybase IT () will be working on the machine so I can't give you a specific date but once they're done with it, it will likely be a week or two at most before we're live.
29 Oct '10, 18:42